Friday, July 3, 2009

Mini egg tarts

I have some leftover tart pastry from the coconut tarts so I decided to bake some egg tarts. I baked 6 big egg tarts and 10 mini ones.







And there was still some more leftover after the egg tarts so I baked them all up and keep them in a airtight container. I have 6 pieces in the container. It will last at least 2 weeks or maybe even longer. I knew because I kept some for 2 weeks last time and it was still crispy after 2 weeks. You can just eat it with jam if you are lazy to make custard cream and cut up some fruits. I filled up some with just blueberry jam last time and it was simply delicious.


Here's the recipe for the egg fillings (can make about 8 big tarts and 10 mini tarts)


2 whole eggs

40g sugar

1g salt

75g milk

40g water

1/2 tsp vanilla


1. Combine eggs, sugar and salt, stir until sugar dissolved.

2. Add milk, water and vanilla. Mix well and then strain.

3. Press the pastry into the tart moulds and bake for 6 minutes in the preheated oven at 180C.

4. Pour the egg filling into the half baked tart pastry and continue to bake at 180C for another 12 to 14 minutes. Use only half of the time mentioned above for mini tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment