Friday, July 3, 2009

Coconut tarts

I baked some coconut tarts today. The tarts turned out quiet nice but it was not sweet enough.


The recipe said 120g castor sugar but I change it to 60g brown sugar. Brown sugar is actually okay but I will need to increase to least 90g next time.


It's okay to use any tart pastry recipe but for the coconut fillings I use the following recipe (can make about 7 big tarts).


200g desiccated coconut (I use freshly grated coconut)

120g castor sugar (or 90g brown sugar if you don't like it too sweet)

1 whole egg

50g melted butter


All you have to do is combine everything up and make sure it is mix well.

Press the pastry into the tart moulds and fill it up with the coconut fillings.

Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment