Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Durian cake

Bought some local D24 durians from the market last Friday. The lady who sold the durians own the durian orchard herself and the price sold was quiet reasonable. The durians tasted bittersweet and it was really good.




I have tried durian pancake at midvalley before and I love it but I have never had durian cake before so I thought I will try to bake one myself. I don't have a recipe for it and was too lazy to search the web for it so I thought I will just use the recipe of the banana cake and instead of using the banana I will use the durian and see if it will work.


I baked the cake in the loaf tin and the balance of the batter I baked some cupcakes. Well, the cake turned out nicely but the taste was kind of funny. I am not sure how to describe the taste exactly but the taste of the durian was just too strong.





No comments:

Post a Comment