She is still on orthodontic treatment and her dentist has just changed a new wire and put a rubber chain on her braces yesterday. So she is feeling uncomfortable as it will be a bit painful for a few days each time her dentist change the wire. But I am very proud of her as she does not complain. She only asked me if I could prepared food that is soft for her as her teeth hurt when she bites.
I gave her the cheese cake and she loves it. She said it is much softer than the chiffon cake.
The preparation was not difficult at all. The only problem is the cake sank when it was set aside to cool. I don't know why.
But the cake is really yummy when it is chilled.
The cake inside the oven. Bake in water bath at 230C for 10 mins and 160C for 55 mins.
Just taken out of the oven. Sank a little bit in the centre.
160g cream cheese
40g unsalted butter
4 nos. of egg yolk
10g lemon juice
30g superfine flour
30g corn flour
4 nos. of egg whites
75g castor sugar
1. Beat the egg yolks together with the lemon juice with hand whisk.
2. Cream the cream cheese together with the butter until well mix then add in the milk and continue to cream until well mix. Double boil it and blend until smooth then add it into the egg yolks mixture and mix well.
3. Add in sieved superfine flour and corn flour and mix to become a smooth batter.
4. Add salt to egg whites and beat till foamy. Add in castor sugar and continue beating until soft peaks is form.
5. Add egg white mixture into the batter, fold in gently.
6. Grease and line bottom of a 9" tin and pour the batter in.
7. Bake at 230C for 10~13 mins then 160C for 50~60 minutes.
8. When it is cooked, remove it from oven and set aside to cool. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours, remove from cake tin and ready to be serve.