Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wholemeal bread

I actually made a mistake during the process of mixing the dough but to my surprise the bread turned out really well.



I was supposed to mix the yeast with water first but I did not. I put the yeast into the flour and mixed it up by mistake.


And I don't know what went wrong but the dough took more than 8 hours to rise. It was rainy and cold on that day but surely it won't take such a long time to proof. I have thought of throwing the dough away but then luckily I did not.








I tried it out again the next day and I followed the same process I did the day before. I mixed the yeast with the flour but surprisingly it only took one hour for the dough to proof.


I added some raisin to the bread this time and again the bread turned out really well. I gave it to my mum and she said it was tasty and really soft.





The recipe:

50g wholemeal flour

125g high protein flour

1 tablespoon milk powder

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 tsp butter

1/2 tsp bread improver

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tablespoon yeast

130ml cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment