Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swiss Roll

My second attempt at swiss roll and I was glad it turned out okay.
The first time I tried the swiss roll it cracked when I rolled it up.


I have spread blueberry jam on one side and peanut butter on the other side. I have tried a piece just now, wasn't bad.

Here is the recipe I use, I have made some changes.

4 nos. of egg yolks
50g castor sugar (the original recipe said 60g)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
60g cooking oil
80g to 90g milk (the original recipe said 50g water but I prefer milk. I use 50g milk in the beginning but the batter was too thick so I added a lot more milk to it. I think I probably have added more than 30g of milk)
1g salt

150g superfine flour
1g baking powder

4 nos. of egg white
60g castor sugar (the original recipe said 80g)
1g cream of tartar


I did not follow the method as shown on the original recipe. I use the method of chiffon cake making, that was simpler to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment