Sunday, June 14, 2009

Marble Chiffon Cake 大理石雪纺蛋糕

I was eager to try out the recipes from the book my cousin gave me today. The book is written in Mandarin so it is a bit difficult for me to understand some of the ingredients.




The marble chiffon cake ingredients looked simple to me and most importantly I have all the required ingredients in my kitchen so I gave it a try just now.





The cake tasted really good, the texture is so soft and it is very spongy too. Yummy!


Surprisingly the cake tasted good even though I have forgotten to add in the sugar into the egg white. I have only realised I have forgotten the sugar after I put the baking pan into the oven.


However, the cake is not totally tasteless as I have added some sugar to the egg yolk portion.


The ingredients:

100g egg yolks

50g caster sugar

80g cooking oil

80g milk

3g rum

110g superfine flour

2g baking powder


250g egg whites

90g caster sugar


2g salt

10g cocoa powder

40g hot water

No comments:

Post a Comment