Following the success of my previous bread baking, I tried another new recipe yesterday. I was glad it turned out really well. See for yourself.....
The surface look a bit dry because I did not use the egg wash. I prefer it that way. My mum and my daughter said it taste very good. The texture is soft and it was still soft the next day.
Here's the recipe if you will like to give it a try too.
Ingredient A: 500g high protein flour, 11g instant yeast
Ingredient B: 60g castor sugar and 8g salt dilute in 250g water, 25g milk powder, 1 whole egg.
Ingredient C: 60g butter (I use the salted ones)
Ingredient D: 75g raisin (I mix both the black and the yellow together), 25g almond flakes
1. Combine Ingredient A, add in milk powder then the egg and follow by the water solution. Mix until it all clings together.
2. Then add in Ingredient C and continue to let it knead until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
3. Add in Ingredient D, mix well.
4. Let the dough rest in a warm place for about 1 hour until it doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 300g each portion and roll it round.
6. Transfer it to a greased square baking pan and let it proof for another 1 hour.
7. Brush with egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for 20mins.
I will continue to try something new and will be posting it in my blog.